Articles on this Page
- 10/22/10--14:20: _Breakfast with Santa
- 10/22/10--18:06: _Seton Hall Pirates ...
- 10/22/10--18:39: _2010 Fall Consecration
- 10/22/10--20:13: _"Poland and Its Nei...
- 10/23/10--19:35: _Third Annual Holida...
- 10/25/10--21:44: _Abby Kohut Presenta...
- 10/26/10--09:46: _Library Board Meeting
- 10/26/10--09:52: _Cultural Arts Advis...
- 10/26/10--10:00: _Board of Health Mee...
- 10/26/10--10:08: _Planning and Zoning...
- 10/26/10--10:20: _Board of Trustees M...
- 10/26/10--10:28: _Advisory Board of R...
- 10/26/10--10:37: _Citizens Public Saf...
- 10/26/10--11:22: _Riker Hill Art Park...
- 10/26/10--11:34: _The Sarah Partridge...
- 10/26/10--20:54: _Seton Hall Book Drive
- 10/27/10--08:09: _Special Needs Resou...
- 10/27/10--19:20: _OLS Christmas Fair
- 10/29/10--11:20: _Super Sunday
- 10/29/10--11:30: _Charter Review Comm...
- 10/22/10--14:20: Breakfast with Santa
- 10/22/10--18:06: Seton Hall Pirates vs William Paterson Pioneers
- 10/22/10--18:39: 2010 Fall Consecration
- 10/22/10--20:13: "Poland and Its Neighbors"
- 10/23/10--19:35: Third Annual Holiday Crafts Fair
- 10/25/10--21:44: Abby Kohut Presentation
- 10/26/10--09:46: Library Board Meeting
- 10/26/10--09:52: Cultural Arts Advisory Board Meeting
- 10/26/10--10:00: Board of Health Meeting
- 10/26/10--10:08: Planning and Zoning Committee Meeting
- 10/26/10--10:20: Board of Trustees Meeting
- 10/26/10--10:28: Advisory Board of Recreation & Cultural Affairs Meeting
- 10/26/10--10:37: Citizens Public Safety Committee Meeting
- 10/26/10--11:22: Riker Hill Art Park Open House
- 10/26/10--11:34: The Sarah Partridge Trio
- 10/26/10--20:54: Seton Hall Book Drive
- 10/27/10--08:09: Special Needs Resource Fair & Symposium
- 10/27/10--19:20: OLS Christmas Fair
- 10/29/10--11:20: Super Sunday
- 10/29/10--11:30: Charter Review Committee - Public Forum
13 Jefferson Ave, Maplewood, NJ
Come to the SOUTH MOUNTAIN YMCA's Program Center and celebrate the holiday season with your YMCA family. Enjoy a breakfast buffet, along with a personalized gift and a FREE FAMILY PHOTO with Santa by Ken Kohut Photography, Inc. (Add'l photos & novelty photo items avail at a reasonable price)
Register Early - for Early Bird Prices & Availability
400 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
103 Valley St, South Orange, NJ
Rev. Kevin Clark, Bethel Baptist Church, Westfield, New Jersey—Wednesday, November 3rd
Rev. Darryl Godlock, Calvert County Baptist Church, Prince Frederick, MD—Thursday, November 4th
Rev. Eric Beckham, Clear View Baptist Church, Newark, NJ—Friday, November 5th
65 Scotland Rd, South Orange, NJ
Presentation by John Columbus, as part of the library's Discussion Group series.
The West Orange Arts Council presents the Third Annual Holiday Crafts Fair. Again this year the fair, which has free admission, abounds with unique fine and functional art, beautiful and whimsical home decor and wearable art, and of course, stylish jewelry. What a fab place for early holiday shopping! Bring family and friends. The Center is handicap accessible.
The Library Board will meet on November 16th at 7:30pm at the Public Library.
5 Mead St, South Orange, NJ
the Cultural Arts Advisory Board will meet at the Baird at 7:30pm on November 16th.
The Board of Health will meet at Village Hall on November 18th at 7:30pm.
The Planning Board consists of nine members and two alternates. The members are designated by classes: Class I is the Village President whose term shall correspond with his official tenure; Class II is a Village official; Class III is a Village Trustee; Class IV members are residents of the Village and are appointed for four years. The Master Plan and the Zoning Ordinances regulate the development of the Village. The Planning Board also reviews and approves site plans and can grant variances other than use variances for properties.
Under the Village Charter, governing authority is given to an elected Board of Trustees consisting of six trustees and to an elected Village President, all of whom serve four-year terms without remuneration. Three trustees are elected every other year.
The Board of Trustees is divided into six standing committees. Each trustee is responsible for a chairmanship of one committee and also serves as a member of two other committees for a two-year term.
5 Mead St, South Orange, NJ
The Board of Trustees appoint South Orange citizens who are willing to serve on Citizens' Boards and Commissions in an advisory capacity. Public meetings are held monthly for the Advisory Board of Recreation & Cultural Affairs at The Baird.
The South Orange Citizens Public Safety Committee will meet on November 30th at 7:3pm at Village Hall.
284 Beaufort Ave, Livingston, NJ
The Riker Hill Art Park will hold an Open House on Saturday, November 6th and Sunday, November 7th from 11:00am to 5:00pm.
1 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
Jazz vocalist and recording artist Sarah Partridge performs with world renowned guitarist Bob DeVos and bassist Rick Crane . The dining room at ABOVE is a perfect venue for dining and listening. Reservations strongly recommended.
65 Scotland Rd, South Orange, NJ
ONE is a grassroots campaign and advocacy organization backed by more than 2 million people who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. Cofounded by Bono and other campaigners, ONE is nonpartisan and works closely with African policy makers and activists.
Seton Hall's Chapter of ONE works to raise awareness of these issues of extreme poverty and preventable disease within our student body and community.
Education is a powerful pathway out of poverty, and ONE is proud to support the Liberian Literacy Foundation's book collection project.
The book drive is targeted toward children in grades K-12, but we will accept any and all books.
There will be drop boxes in the following locations:
The South Orange Public Library (boxes in children's sections)
Cait and Abby's
First Presbyterian and Trinity Church
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.
760 Northfield Ave, West Orange, NJ
MetroWest ABLE Special Needs Resource Fair & Symposium
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Ellen Sabin, author of The Special Needs Acceptance Book and The Autism Acceptance Book will speak on the topic of Community Inclusion. This Symposium will also feature a number of community resources and professionals who specialize in the special needs field. Attendees will be able to browse resources and programs and participate in one of the several break-out discussions following the keynote address. Sessions being offered include: Red Flags and Identifying Developmental Delays ~ Sensory, Motor and Organizational Tips for Home and School ~ Your Child's Rights to Special Education in NJ ~ Accessing Adult Services- Life After IDEA
For more information and to register, please contact Rebecca Wanatick, Community Coordinator at (973) 929-3129 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
217 Prospect St, South Orange, NJ
Local artisans and merchants will be selling unique, hand-crafted jewelry, hand-knittted accessories, holiday crafts, and hundreds of other gift items in St. Joseph's Hall at Our Lady Sorrows Church. Enter at the side entrance to the church on 4th Street, between Prospect and Academy Streets. Proceeds go to benefit Our Lady of Sorrows School.
December 12, 2010
9:30 am – 8 pm
Alex Aidekman Family Jewish Community Campus, 901 Route 10, Whippany, NJ
UJA MetroWest's BIGGEST ANNUAL COMMUNITY CELEBRATION & PHONATHON EVENT!
This is the day when the MetroWest Jewish community comes together to support each other, to show that in good times and tough times we help Jews in need and we help build Jewish community. More than 1,000 people come out to make phone calls and participate in community activities. This year also includes a CareLink mitzvah fair for families, and a Mama Doni kids concert (both free), Gift of Life bone marrow registry drive, children's book drive, tzedakah can drop, blood drive, Judaica vendors, canned food drive, and capping the day a blowout teen/college student call session. For more information, please visit www.ujcnj.org/supersunday or call (973) 929-3010.
101 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
Village residents are invited to a public forum the evening of Monday, Nov. 29th, at 7:30 p.m. in Village Hall, to provide input on a study now under way to assess the Village's current Charter.