Articles on this Page
- 01/01/11--13:42: _Sen. O'Toole to be ...
- 01/03/11--09:51: _Afghanistan Foreign...
- 01/03/11--12:02: _Jewish Peoplehood—A...
- 01/04/11--10:00: _Pizza Party for 9th...
- 01/04/11--10:03: _Shabbat Milk & Cook...
- 01/04/11--10:05: _Spa Sharey: Relax a...
- 01/04/11--20:44: _Facebook & Texting:...
- 01/05/11--09:40: _Sibling Rivalry: D...
- 01/05/11--13:20: _Internet Safety Sem...
- 01/05/11--13:26: _Open House at Our L...
- 01/05/11--13:30: _"Bike Summit" Spons...
- 01/05/11--13:45: _Art Show Gallery Op...
- 01/06/11--08:04: _Diane Moser's Compo...
- 01/06/11--09:45: _3rd Annual Pasta D...
- 01/06/11--09:49: _State of the Distri...
- 01/06/11--10:05: _2011 Network Event
- 01/06/11--10:14: _41st Annual MARTIN ...
- 01/06/11--10:40: _Mommy & Me Skating ...
- 01/06/11--12:54: _Maplewood/South Ora...
- 01/07/11--08:15: _Napa Food & Wine Ca...
- 01/03/11--12:02: Jewish Peoplehood—An Open Discussion
- 01/04/11--10:00: Pizza Party for 9th - 12th Graders
- 01/04/11--10:03: Shabbat Milk & Cookies for Children Pre-K to 1st Grade
- 01/04/11--10:05: Spa Sharey: Relax and Recharge with the Women's Connection
- 01/04/11--20:44: Facebook & Texting: Are Your Kids Safe?
- Are you concerned about the safety of your kids while they are on-line?
- Do you wish you really understood what your kids are being exposed to on-line?
- Would you like to learn about the consequences that kids face when being on-line?
- Could you use some real life solutions to help keep your kids safe from predators and cyberbullies?
- 01/05/11--09:40: Sibling Rivalry: Dealing With The Challenges
- How sibling conflicts arise
- How family history and adult partners may contribute to sibling conflicts
- What kinds of adult guidance are most effective
- How family expectations, rules, roles and routines can help siblings overcome difficulties
- 01/05/11--13:20: Internet Safety Seminar
- 01/05/11--13:26: Open House at Our Lady of Sorrows School
- 01/05/11--13:45: Art Show Gallery Opening: The Sullivan Brothers - a Retrospective
- 01/06/11--08:04: Diane Moser's Composers Big Band 14th Anniversary!
- 01/06/11--09:45: 3rd Annual Pasta Dinner & Dance Party
- 01/06/11--09:49: State of the District Address
- 01/06/11--10:05: 2011 Network Event
- 01/06/11--10:14: 41st Annual MARTIN LUTHER KING CELEBRATION
- 01/06/11--10:40: Mommy & Me Skating Class
- 01/06/11--12:54: Maplewood/South Orange Professionals In Transition
- 01/07/11--08:15: Napa Food & Wine Carousel Tasting
The Essex County Tea Party Coalition is pleased to announce Senator Kevin O'Toole as the guest speaker for their first meeting of the New Year on Monday, January 24, 2011.
With the state is in the midst of redistricting and all state legislative offices up for election, 2011 will be an important year. The Senator will be on hand to address these issues and others facing Essex County.
Please join us at our new meeting location at the Essex Manor Bar & Grill, 41 Broughton Avenue, Bloomfield, NJ.
51 Baker St, Maplewood, NJ
Matthew Hoh, a former Foreign Service officer in Afghanistan who resigned in 2009 to protest US policy will speak at Maplewood Memorial Library, Wednesday January 19, 2011 from 7:30 to 9:00 pm. Mr. Hoh's talk is titled "How to End the $800 billion War in Afghanistan." In addition to his service in Afghanistan, Matthew Hoh also served as a Marine Corps captain in Iraq and as a Defense Department official there as well.
About half of the time of the forum will be set aside for questions and comments from the audience. The forum is hosted by South Mountain Peace Action of Maplewood and South Orange. The group hopes the forum will raise awareness in the community about alternatives to our current emphasis on a military solution in Afghanistan.
Jewish Peoplehood—An Open Discussion
Tuesday, January 11, 2011 Time: 7:45 p.m.
Congregation Agudath Israel, 20 Academy Rd., Caldwell
Interactive session to learn how the Peoplehood Project is helping the MetroWest Jewish community and its partner communities in Israel connect in radically new ways.
Free and open to the community
For more information, contact Randi Brokman (973) 929–3047 or email@example.com
432 Scotland Rd, South Orange, NJ
Enjoy some delectable Pizza, Pasta, Salad and Dessert. Sponsored by STISY/Hebrew High. For more information please contact Tracy Horwitz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
432 Scotland Rd, South Orange, NJ
Shabbat Milk & Cookies for children pre-k to 1st grade and their parents/grandparents. Create quality time Shabbat with your family through music, songs, crafts and prayer. Begin evening with dinner. End the evening with milk and cookies. Pajamas are optional, but don't forget your blanket to sit on. Entertainment by Noah Aronson. $5.00 per person. Please contact Tracy Horwitz at: email@example.com.
432 Scotland Rd, South Orange, NJ
Learn the secrets of a younger and healthier you with local experts Dr. Lorraine Maita, Holistic Nutritionist Linda Hom and Holistic Chef Randy Rabney. Practice yoga, meditate and sample spa cuisine. This event is free for members or $25.00 for non members. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Generation Text Online provides education on implementing real life solutions for kids, teachers and parents regarding the dangers of Cyber-bullying and the incorrect use of Texting, Facebook and Formspring. Generation Text Online is lead by Jill Brown, founder of ItsMyLocker.com, and a group of certified Police Detectives and Sergeants in the state of New Jersey with a combined experience of over 65 years.
Sponsored by Our Lady of Sorrows School
To register, go to: http://www.generationtextonline.com
262 Grove Rd, South Orange, NJ
We live with the conventional wisdom that so called "sibling rivalries" are normal. But what is "normal" and when does sibling conflict step over the line and become a problem?
At this workshop we will be exploring:
This workshop will be lead by Lewis Epstein, LCSW. He is the author of a number of parenting books including, Coaching For Fatherhood. He is in private practice in South Orange, NJ and has lead numerous highly successful parenting workshops.
Presented by The Parenting Center & The Elementary School PTAs.
172 Academy St, South Orange, NJ
Thursday, January 13, Our Lady of Sorrows School will be hosting an internet safety seminar in the gym from 7:30 - 9:00 pm. The community is welcome.
172 Academy St, South Orange, NJ
Our Lady of Sorrows School welcomes the public at their open house on January 30th.
It is a private Catholic elementary school established in 1890, accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, serving the communities of Essex County under the direction of the Office of Catholic Education of the Archdiocese of Newark, NJ.
5 Mead St, South Orange, NJ
The South Orange Maplewood Bicycle Coalition (SOMbike) is hosting a Bike Summit to be held at the Baird Center, 5 Mead St., South Orange, on Tuesday, January 18th, at 7:30 PM. Representatives from bike groups in Jersey City, Newark, and Montclair, as well as South Orange and Maplewood have committed to coming together to discuss our successful efforts to advocate for bike friendly policies in our towns. Maintenance of an on-line joint calendar of events and a library of policy documents will be discussed, as well as planning rides as a large coalition. Representatives from bike groups in other towns are welcome to attend.
411 Ridgewood Rd, Maplewood, NJ
The public is invited to an opening of The Sullivan Brothers- a Retrospective. Paintings, sculptures, drawings and photographs will be displayed to demonstrate the widely varied love of the arts shared by artist Wayne Sullivan and his late brother, Steve.
6 Depot Sq, Montclair, NJ
Diane Moser's Composers Big Band returns to Trumpets Jazz Club in Montclair to celebrate their 14th anniversary. The band will feature compositions by it's resident composers Ed Xiques, Rob Middleton, Erick Storckman, Matt Haviland, Jim Cifelli, Rob Henke, Diane Moser as well as it's resident composer-at-large-Russ Vines. Special guests will include baritone saxophonist and tuba player Howard Johnson and vocalist Marcelino Feliciano.
This is the first time the band has been back since their last performance at Trumpets in January of 2009, and their previous monthly residency that ran from Nov 2003 thru Jan 2009.
274 Boyden Ave, Maplewood, NJ
MUSIC FROM THE 50S THROUGH TODAY, DRESS UP FROM YOUR FAVORITE DECADE! PRIZES! GAMES! GREAT FUN! TONS OF FUN!
17 Parker Ave, Maplewood, NJ
Mr. Osborne will discuss the state of the district as well as his plans to shape our schools for the future.
It is that time of year to get the 2011 year off to a great start. We will help you network and get your business brand out there. What you will get from it?
• Business’s from Union, Essex, Bergen, Passaic and Hudson Counties all at one location
• Free advertising for you/your company, which will displayed at the event for all attendees to see. Please email me a PDF or JPG file in advance so we can set a display up.
• Open forum to brand yourself
• Great Food, Sangria and Beer
• Door Prizes
ALL FOR $25!!! Bring plenty of business cards.
Please RSVP as this event as it is filling up fast. firstname.lastname@example.org
70 N Ridgewood Rd, South Orange, NJ
South Orange Civic Organization presents 41st Annual
MARTIN LUTHER KING CELEBRATION, featuring "EDUCATION: EQUITY & EXPECTATIONS" by Dr. Edythe M. Abdullah, President of Essex County College.
"Beloved Community" Awards to : Alfred Bundy and Margaret Prentice.
Event is free and everyone is invited!
Co-sponsored by South Orange/Maplewood Community Coalition on Race.
MOMMY & ME SKATING CLASSES
Ages 3 and up (All Levels)
Helmet required, warm comfortable clothes and gloves are suggested for this 30 minute lesson, plus skate the public session until 12:00 pm.
Maplewood/South Orange Professionals in Transition
January 10th, 2011
51 Baker Street
“From Procrastination to Payday—Breaking Through the Overwhelm”
The life of someone transitioning between positions can be a bit unsettling. It can be hard to get clear about what you want, need or even the next step to take. Procrastination can leave you feeling overwhelmed and have a huge impact on your feelings of confidence and self esteem. When you’re not feeling confident in yourself neither will potential employers or clients…
During this highly interactive presentation we will discuss:
* Specific ways to identify the most important project for you to focus on
* The key to calming the overwhelm so that you can move forward and achieve your most important projects
* The biggest mistake that prevents you from moving forward
Are you procrastinating because you're overwhelmed with all of the options? Join us and get yourself moving!
Presenter Carrie Greene, AAC, of CarrieThru Coaching Services has 15 years of experience on Wall St. Carrie helps clients to create systems and structures that enable them to prioritize, focus and follow through to better monetize their business and create the life they want.
Free and open to the public.
M/SO PIT is a member of Northern NJ Professionals in Transition
1 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
Join us for a evening exploring California wines complimented with savory food pairings. $50 per guest.