Articles on this Page
- 11/23/10--10:55: _American Red Cross ...
- 11/23/10--13:53: _Hoboken Holiday Cra...
- 11/24/10--04:24: _Holiday Sale at Fab...
- 11/24/10--12:02: _Maplewood-South Ora...
- 11/24/10--16:52: _Mind, Body, Spirit ...
- 11/26/10--20:54: _Mel White & the Rai...
- 11/27/10--16:48: _SPED-PTO Meeting
- 11/29/10--09:17: _The Mall at Short H...
- 11/29/10--09:21: _The Mall at Short H...
- 11/29/10--09:32: _What Exit presents ...
- 11/29/10--09:42: _BANG 5 Art Sale
- 11/29/10--09:47: _Hanukkah Family Mac...
- 11/29/10--09:50: _Shalom Sesame Hanuk...
- 11/29/10--10:11: _Weight Loss Surgery...
- 11/29/10--10:15: _Siblings Class
- 11/29/10--10:18: _Pets and Babies Class
- 11/29/10--10:20: _Healthy LIFE Family...
- 11/30/10--06:49: _Canine Companions-P...
- 11/30/10--10:23: _Youth Orchestras of...
- 12/01/10--10:34: _Community Relations...
- 11/23/10--10:55: American Red Cross BABYSITTING TRAINING COURSE
- 11/23/10--13:53: Hoboken Holiday Craft Fair
- 11/24/10--04:24: Holiday Sale at Fabulous Finds Boutique
- 11/24/10--12:02: Maplewood-South Orange Professionals in Transition
- 11/24/10--16:52: Mind, Body, Spirit through Divorce
- Get support through the emotional roller coaster and toward developing a road map to move you forward.
- Develop healthy ways of processing your past and designing your future.
- Learn how to ease the transition for your children.
- Empower yourself with greater clarity, resolution, and peace of mind
- 11/27/10--16:48: SPED-PTO Meeting
- 11/29/10--09:17: The Mall at Short Hills’ Holiday Concert Series
- 11/29/10--09:21: The Mall at Short Hills’ Holiday Concert Series
- 11/29/10--09:32: What Exit presents "Rudolph"
- 11/29/10--09:42: BANG 5 Art Sale
- 11/29/10--09:47: Hanukkah Family Maccabiah
- 11/29/10--09:50: Shalom Sesame Hanukkah Program
- 11/29/10--10:11: Weight Loss Surgery Options
- 11/29/10--10:15: Siblings Class
- 11/29/10--10:18: Pets and Babies Class
- 11/29/10--10:20: Healthy LIFE Family Super Seminar
- 11/30/10--06:49: Canine Companions-Paws for the Holidays!!
- 11/30/10--10:23: Youth Orchestras of Essex County Winter Concert
- 12/01/10--10:34: Community Relations Committee Meeting
13 Jefferson Ave, Maplewood, NJ
This very popular course will give 11-15 year olds the knowledge, skills and confidence to care for infants and school-age children. Training will consist of videos, activities, and hands-on skill training and discussions. This course teaches how to respond to emergencies, illnesses, first aid, rescue breathing, appropriate care of children, decision-making skills, and child development. Textbooks and snacks will be provided. Each individual will receive an American Red Cross Certification Card upon completion.
Lunch is included. Early registration is strongly advised.
Unique Handcrafted Gift Items
by over 50 local artists, photographers & crafters
art, photography, stained glass, mirrors & frames,
hand knit scarves, hats, mittens, baby sweaters & more
jewelry, baby clothes & blankets, holiday ornaments,
soaps & body lotions, candles and so much more.
Most items are one of a kind and if you don't see exactly what you want, you can place a special order with the artist
New Eyes for the Needy will open the doors to its Fabulous Finds Boutique on Saturday, December 4 from 10am to 1pm for its Holiday Sale Day at 549 Millburn Avenue, Short Hills. The annual sale is one of the boutique's most popular events drawing crowds with its unique gifts at bargain prices.
The Fabulous Finds Boutique boasts fine and antique jewelry, crystal, silver pieces, costume jewelry, watches and giftware. During the holiday season, the shop also has Christmas jewelry and household goods for sale.
New Eyes for the Needy is a private non-profit that provides new prescription eyeglasses to the poor living in the United States and recycles donated glasses for distribution to impoverished people overseas. All proceeds from sales go towards the new prescription eyeglasses program.
Personal Branding: Why It's Critical for Your Professional Identity
Facilitators: Andrea L. Garrido, M.Ed.
Jennifer P. Rodgers, M.S. Ed.
Did you ever think of yourself as a brand? A brand that's every bit as recognizable as Nike, Volvo, or Chanel? Your brand – the value you promise – is integral to your career. Join us in this session and learn about how personal branding is critical to your professional identity.
Whether you're currently working in a career, considering re-entering the workforce, or even at the beginning of a career, this workshop is for you.
Goals of the Program:
- Participants will gain an understanding of the definition of personal branding and its importance to one's career.
- Participants will walk away with their own personal brand statement.
- Participants will learn how and where to market their brand.
- The facilitators recognize that each participant will arrive at the workshop at a stage of career development, with very different abilities and needs.
- The session will be tailored to meet the needs of all participants and will allow for the exploration of individual and group goals.
- Concrete, practical advice and tools will be offered in the form of recommended internet, books, articles and other training materials. The facilitators will attempt to bring as many resources into the sessions as possible.
- Should participants request further individual, private career or psychological counseling, the facilitators would be able to provide direct care or a referral.
- As experienced counselors, the facilitators recognize the importance of creating and maintaining a safe, confidential environment for productive activity and discussion.
Maplewood-South Orange Professionals in Transition
51 Baker Street
Maplewood, NJ 07040
November 29, 2010
10:15am – Noon
Come earlier for better parking potential
Are you overwhelmed with the process and emotional roller coaster of divorce? Do you feel stuck with the enormity of the change? Could you use the support of a safe, action-oriented, non-judgmental, and productive small group coaching program? Do you simply want to feel better so that you can, more clearly and effectively, work through this transition?
Mind, Body, and Spirit through Divorce is for those who have been touched by divorce (separated, considering divorce, experiencing the process of divorce, or those who are divorced). This unique 12-week group coaching program is designed to help move you forward, and through, this transition in a healthier, more effective, and efficient manner. Through this program you will:
Join us. You will feel better. The sessions are weekly beginning on Thursday, December 9th from 7pm through 9pm. The sessions will be hosted by Kari's Cafe at 1883 Springfield Avenue in Maplewood.
Mind, Body, Spirit support through Divorce is designed and facilitated by Lisane Basquiat, a Certified Professional Coach (iPEC certified) who specializes in personal and professional leadership. Contact us at either (973) 223-6675 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a complimentary pre-assessment or for more information and registration details.
Transition Haven, LLC is a wellness organization that provides personal and professional leadership coaching, personal fitness training, transformational retreats, and integrated coaching/fitness programs. Visit us at www.transitionhaven.com or call us at (973)378-2262.
150 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
Concert features Mel White & the Rainbow Peace Choir, with special guest soloist Denise DiRenzo, and it is for the benefit of the local chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 at the door, children under 12 free.
Call 973/763-0655 for tickets.
525 Academy St, Maplewood, NJ
The Special Education PTO works to make a difference in the lives of special needs children. Our goal is to promote the welfare of the special education student by providing parents with the tools and information they need to work collaboratively with the school district.
Mr. Brian Osborne, Superintendent will be the featured speaker at this meeting discussing special education matters within South Orange Maplewoood School District.
1200 Morris Tpke, Short Hills, NJ
Shop to the festive sounds of the season during The Mall at Short Hills' Holiday Concert Series. December 23rd features Bob DeBenedette on piano, and Woodhaven Strings on the lower level in the plush seating areas near Bloomingdale's and Neiman Marcus.
1200 Morris Tpke, Short Hills, NJ
Shop to the festive sounds of the season during The Mall at Short Hills' Holiday Concert Series. December 24th will feature Claremont String Quartet, and Vivian Penham String Quartet on the lower level
in the plush seating areas near Bloomingdale's and Neiman Marcus.
Cobblestone Carolers and Parade of the Wooden Soldiers will be strolling The Mall.
10 Durand Rd, Maplewood, NJ
The What Exit? Theatre Company in Maplewood, NJ is presenting the Voiceactors' Orchestra in a live "radio play" performance of RUDOLPH, the Christmas Claymation Classic.
It's a perfect gift for the family this season. "Rudolph" runs approximately 50 minutes, so all the little ones can come! Shows at 3pm and 5pm.
1978 Springfield Ave, Maplewood, NJ
BuyArt Now Guys 5 (BANG 5) is holding a small artwork exhibition and sale at the 1978 Maplewood Arts Center. Original art by local and regional artists will be affordably priced for holiday gift-giving.
Come light up the evening with us! Olympic style activities specially designed for families with children in grades K-6. Each family will be placed on a team—team requests will be granted. Activities include: Create your team menorah, swim games (all families should come ready to swim), Hanukkah apache relay race, parent tug-of-war, and more. Prizes and latkes for all. A Hanukkah playroom will be open during the event for children ages 4 and younger.
Enjoy a morning of fun and activities including the exclusive world premiere of Shalom Sesame's DVD, Chanukah: The Missing Menorah. See it before it hits the stores! Program also includes: arts & crafts, games, menorah lighting project, special Sesame Street friend, and more. Brunch available for purchase.
Saint Barnabas's Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence is led by accomplished laparoscopic bariatric surgeons who are respected members of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. Our goal is to develop a relationship with you and support you throughout your journey to better health. If you have tried and failed to lose weight, have a BMI of over 40 or a BMI of over 35 with obesity-related medical problems or are 80-100 pounds overweight, bariatric surgery may be the solution. The program is free, but advanced registration is required.
94 Old Short Hills Rd, Livingston, NJ
Women's Health/Parent Education at Saint Barnabas offers a class for the whole family which is designed to reduce children's anxieties when separating with their mothers at the time of delivery. This class promotes a good feeling about the hospital and provides children with realistic expectations of newborn babies.
Advanced registration is required by calling 973-322-5360
94 Old Short Hills Rd, Livingston, NJ
Women's Health/Parent Education at Saint Barnabas offers this informative seminar which includes tips on introducing the family pet to the new baby. Ways to reduce pet jealousy, pet proofing the baby's room and disease precautions are also addressed. The fee is $35 per couple and advanced registration is required by calling 973-322-5360.
HealthyLIFE, the pediatric weight management program at Saint Barnabas, presents this fun and educational one-time seminar -- perfect for kids and teens who tend to put on weight more easily than others do. It will teach many basics of healthy weight management, including nutrition information, behavioral skills, and the importance of enjoyable exercise. It is the most affordable educational option available through HealthyLIFE and a great place for families place to start. The fee for this seminar is $100 per family. Anyone interested can contact Dr. Debra Gill, seminar instructor, at email@example.com or 973-322-7620.
It's that time of year again! Bring your pets and children to have your annual holiday studio portrait picture taken by a professional
photographer to benefit Canine Companions for Independence
DATE: Sunday, December 5th
TIME: 11am - 3pm
LOCATION: Murray Hill Veterinary Associates
179 South St. New Providence, NJ
COST: $25 per sitting with all monies going to CCI
QUESTIONS: email Jen@Pottheiser.com
The Youth Orchestras of Essex County will present a Winter Concert on December 12th at 2pm.
The Youth Orchestras of Essex County are comprised of four performing groups: the Essex County Symphony Orchestra, the Junior Symphony, Overture Strings and Chamber Ensembles. The orchestras were founded in 1956 under the sponsorship of the New Jersey Symphony Orchestra and the West Orange Public Schools. As one of New Jersey's most outstanding youth orchestras, Youth Orchestras of Essex County offer excellent programs to young musicians from Essex and neighboring counties who participate in their school orchestras and study privately.
5 Mead St, South Orange, NJ
The Community Relations COmmittee will meet at 8:00pm at the Baird.
Community Relations Committee of South Orange's Mission Statement:
The mission of the South Orange Community Relations Commission is to serve the Community as the organization responsible for: welcoming newcomers to the village, acting as community Ombudsman when necessary, emphasizing the positive aspects of the village - as it does with the Villager of the Month Award, investigating and addressing issues as requested by the Board of Trustees and/or the community, and by stimulating affirmative action.