Articles on this Page
- 05/03/11--12:09: _Bus Trip to Lancast...
- 05/04/11--05:25: _Social Media Class ...
- 05/04/11--09:41: _2011 Gems of South ...
- 05/04/11--12:49: _44th Annual Fireman...
- 05/04/11--13:47: _Environmentalism as...
- 05/05/11--08:34: _Wildlife, Mythic West
- 05/05/11--11:00: _Open House at Jewis...
- 05/05/11--16:34: _Blessed Pope John X...
- 05/06/11--05:38: _Music for Japan: a ...
- 05/06/11--05:44: _Dr. Jane Aronson at...
- 05/06/11--05:47: _Dan Barry at [words...
- 05/06/11--06:48: _AGELESS CREATIVITY:...
- 05/06/11--10:18: _S.O. Public Bike Au...
- 05/06/11--10:25: _Municipal Election
- 05/08/11--13:25: _Charter School Forum
- 05/09/11--12:05: _Eliminate Estate & ...
- 05/09/11--12:22: _Daring to be Free: ...
- 05/12/11--11:02: _Kumon Summer Enroll...
- 05/12/11--11:04: _SOPL Book Sale! May...
- 05/12/11--11:10: _$5 Book Bag Sale!
- 05/03/11--12:09: Bus Trip to Lancaster to see "Joseph"
- 05/04/11--05:25: Social Media Class - Your Online Footprint Examined and Improved!
- You're competing for customers on the basis of price, and you're losing the value proposition
- Only your mother sees you as a local expert and even she can't be certain
- The kid down the street did your Facebook page and it looks ok to you but you've no idea who all those people are on it...or there's no-one there at all
- You can NOT see the point of all this tweeting, liking, sharing, blogging; it feels like such a waste of time
- ready to quit the whole thing, but before you do, you'll give an expert one last chance
- 05/04/11--09:41: 2011 Gems of South Orange House Tour
- 05/04/11--13:47: Environmentalism as a Jewish Value
- 05/05/11--08:34: Wildlife, Mythic West
- 05/05/11--11:00: Open House at Jewish Learning Center of Congregation Beth El
- 05/05/11--16:34: Blessed Pope John XXIII Academy Tricky Tray - Basket Bonanza 2011
- 05/06/11--05:38: Music for Japan: a Benefit by Students, for Students
- 05/06/11--05:44: Dr. Jane Aronson at Words Bookstore
- 05/06/11--05:47: Dan Barry at [words] Bookstore
- 05/06/11--06:48: AGELESS CREATIVITY: Having Their Say, In Their Own Way
- 05/06/11--10:18: S.O. Public Bike Auction
- 05/06/11--10:25: Municipal Election
- 05/08/11--13:25: Charter School Forum
- 05/09/11--12:05: Eliminate Estate & Capital Gains Taxes and Greatly Reduce Income Tax
- 05/09/11--12:22: Daring to be Free: MetroWest Presents Natan Sharansky
- 05/12/11--11:02: Kumon Summer Enrollment Begins
- 05/12/11--11:04: SOPL Book Sale! May 14th
- 05/12/11--11:10: $5 Book Bag Sale!
160 W South Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
St. Andrew & Holy Communion Church, South Orange, invites you to join our fundraising bus trip to Lancaster on June 25th st see the muscial "Joseph".
Bus leaves from St. Andrew & Holy Communion promptly at 7:30 a.m.
Price: $125 for adults, $100 for children
We will be enjoying the play “Joseph” at the Sight and Sound Theatre along with an “all you can eat” buffet at the Shady Maple Restaurant.
In addition, a stop at the Rockvale Outlets for a little shopping.
Please join us for fun, food and fellowship!
For more information and reservations please call Sheree-Anne Sandiford at 908-789-4663
Attention: Small Business Owners Frustrated By The Noise, Time Suck And Total Lack Of Results They See In Their Social Media Activities!
This Class Is For You If ~
3 hours * one-on-one personal time * the latest techniques social media managers are using every day
Social Media Is The Best Free Marketing Tool Out There, If You're Using It Correctly!
150 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
The Tour will begin at the South Orange-Vailsburg Methodist Church, 150 South Orange Avenue.
The tour will feature homes from four centuries tracing the development of the Village from the valley to the top of First Mountain.
Tickets are $25 the day of the tour, $20 in advance.
Tickets are currently for sale. Purchase your tickets in advance through PayPal, or if you prefer, you may call to reserve tickets. Please leave your name and how many tickets you would like. We will accept cash and checks the day of the tour. No credit cards accepted.
The tour is not suitable for small children due to the presence of breakable objects, etc. in the tour homes.
All programs are FREE
Get out your fire helmets, whistles and bells, and join us for a parade, food, birch beer and more! Enjoy a fun-filled day of activities for the entire family.
• Parade showcasing antique fire apparatus and the Newark Firefighters' Pipe Band
• Trophy presentation
• Miniature Fire Apparatus Display
• Firematic Flea Market
• Museum Shop and concession stands
• Tours of The Newark Fire Museum
The Newark Fire Department Historical Association
and the Newark Museum
Made possible by:
New Jersey Historical Commission
Newark Museum Council
Newark Museum Volunteer Organization.
432 Scotland Rd, South Orange, NJ
Temple Sharey Tefilo-Israel (TSTI) will present “Environmentalism as a Jewish Value” on Monday, May 16, beginning at 7 pm. The class, presented by TSTI Rabbi Daniel M. Cohen, explores the Biblical and rabbinic roots of the Jewish environmental movement. Q&A and discussion will follow Rabbi Cohen’s presentation. Refreshments will be served.
This class is taught in conjunction with TSTI’s participation in the Green Faith/URJ Greening Certification program—an interfaith coalition for the environment that works with houses of worship, religious schools and people of all faiths to help them become better environmental stewards. TSTI is one of eight Reform synagogues in New Jersey involved in the Green Faith initiative.
For more information or to register for this class, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website: www.tstinj.org.
Maplewood's own Yuergen Renner, drummer from "The Cucumbers" back in the day, is wrapping up a 22 history with the grand finale of Wildlfe this Friday night. Up next is Mythic West, featuring earthy, original, downtown sounds based on African, Caribbean, Latin and folkloric rhythms. "'Hip-shaking as well as transcendental' - according to The Montclair Times. Two great shows for just $10 at the door. Buy admission ahead through InstantSeats and get a free drink.
222 Irvington Ave, South Orange, NJ
Please join us on Sunday, May 15 at 11:00am and find out why kids love the JLC! We’ve reinvented our Jewish education from the inside out. We’re no longer a “Hebrew school” but a Jewish Learning Center with hands-on experiences that connect each child personally to Judaism. We’ve created a community of learners who bond as they grow in skills and knowledge. And our approach works! Many of our parents tell us their kids can’t wait to come each week. JLC is for children in Kindergarten through age 13.
Our classes welcome you with open arms as you visit while JLC is in session. Bring your child with you and join in the day’s fun and learning! Contact JLC Director Sherri Morris, email@example.com or 973-763-1119. Congregation Beth El is located at 222 Irvington Avenue, South Orange.
481 Eagle Rock Ave, West Orange, NJ
Doors Open at 6 p.m., Dinner at 7 p.m.
The $45 Admission fee includes one sheet of regular tickets and a three course dinner: salad, entrée with side dishes, dessert and coffee or tea. CASH BAR OPEN ALL NIGHT.
70 N Ridgewood Rd, South Orange, NJ
All proceeds of this benefit will go to help re-build the Kesennuma High School in Miyagi, Japan, whose community was devastated by earthquake and tsunami.
Ensembles from Columbia High School will join area Student Orchestras for a day of music. Tickets are available at Maplewood Stationers, Words Bookstore, Motion Fitness Club, Park Wood Diner, and Stoney's, and will be available at the door for a suggested donation of $20.
Sponsored by the Maplewood Dept of Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs, and the HK Community Fund, with generous support from the Maplewood/South Orange School District.
179 Maplewood Ave, Maplewood, NJ
Welcome to Maplewood resident, Founder and CEO of Worldwide Orphans Foundation, and great friend of [words] Bookstore, Dr. Jane Aronson. Dr. Aronson will present on THE BEST ADVICE I EVER GOT -- a book of essays compiled by Katie Couric. She is included in this new publication and we are pleased to offer copies signed by Dr. Aronson and Ms. Couric.
179 Maplewood Ave, Maplewood, NJ
Saturday afternoon at 5:00 pm, [words] will feature Maplewood resident and New York Times columnist Dan Barry as he discusses his terrific new book, BOTTOM OF THE 33RD: HOPE, REDEMPTION, AND BASEBALL'S LONGEST GAME. A must-attend treat for baseball lovers!
1978 Springfield Ave, Maplewood, NJ
Gallery 1978 celebrates the wisdom and talent of a generation of diverse artists.
This exhibit focuses on four artists of a certain age, whose continued art output illustrates that their passion to create has not diminished through the years. Instead, they demonstrate continued artistic growth in their pursuit of new modes of expression. This exhibit illustrates their profound influences over the years.
The artists are: Phyllis Carlin, Ed Hoffner, Mel Holston and Bohuslava Reiss.
Exhibition dates are May 7 (closed Mother’s Day, May 8) to May 29,2011.
1978 is open Saturdays and Sundays from 2 to 5 PM.
Artist’s Reception, Sunday, May 15 from 2 – 5 P.M.
201 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
A public auction will be held of found and unclaimed bicycles on Saturday, May 21, 2011 at 9:30AM at South Orange Police Headquarters, 201 South Orange Avenue, South Orange, New Jersey. Bikes are sold “as is” and can be purchased by cash or check.
A preview of the bicycles for auction will commence at 9:00AM.
101 S Orange Ave, South Orange, NJ
A Municipal Election will be held Tuesday, May 10th, for Village President and three  Village Trustee positions. The Village President and Village Trustees serve four-year terms.
Polls will be open from 6:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
For more information contact the Village Clerk’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 973-378-7715 x7724.
Board of Education members will be attending a Charter School Forum on Monday, May 9th at 7:45 p.m. at Millburn High School.
The forum will include a panel who will discuss the charter school process in New Jersey, including the current legal and legislative updates, charter school funding and the implications for school districts. The public is encouraged to attend this informational meeting, however a public participation portion is not planned.
Each Board of Education will go back to their respective community to share the information learned at this forum and to have a public discussion on the topic.
For questions or further information please call 973-376-3600 x163 or email email@example.com.
PLEASE JOIN US....Wednesday, June 15th - 7PM
*New Methods to eliminate your estate and capital gains taxes and greatly reduce income tax.
RSVP by June 7th at 732.510.1622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Millburn Free Public Library - Meeting Room A (auditorium)
200 Glen Avenue
Daring to be Free: MetroWest Presents Natan Sharansky
Sunday, May 22, 2011
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Alex Aidekman Family Jewish Community Campus
901 State Route 10, Whippany, NJ 07981
Natan Sharansky became the symbol of the struggle for the right of Soviet Jews to immigrate from the Former Soviet Union to Israel. Arrested and imprisoned on false charges, he was released on February 11, 1986, after nine years of imprisonment, arriving in Jerusalem on that very day. He is currently chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency for Israel.
United Jewish Communities of MetroWest NJ
Free and open to the community. Space is limited. Reservations requested. Includes dessert reception.
For additional Information: Stacey Brown, email@example.com, (973) 929-3027
76 S Orange Ave Ste LL-04, South Orange, NJ
Parents of preschool to high school age students are invited to learn more about its summer enrichment program. Registration fees are waived for families who enroll between June 1-July 15, 2011 in the math or reading program.
65 Scotland Rd, South Orange, NJ
The 5th annual Friends of the SOPL BOOK SALE will be on May 14th from 11am-4pm (new this year, a $5 BAG SALE on Sunday May 15th! 2-5pm). Amazing deals on all kinds of books, childrens games, CD's, DVD's and more! All proceeds support the South Orange Public Library. If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or cal the library 973-762-0230.
65 Scotland Rd, South Orange, NJ
Our first $5 Bag Sale! We give you the bag, you fill it up! All for $5!! HELP US SELL THESE BOOKS! :-)
@65 Scotland Rd. South Orange (2pm-5pm)